Snow may be about to fall here in Philadelphia, but its spring just the same! That’s because our annual flower show is in full swing. Here are the pictures to prove it.
The show is colossal! Held on the second floor of the Civic Center, huge displays stun the vision. The colors and smells of the flowers almost overwhelm. No wonder throngs attend this show. The commuter trains put on extra cars to deal with the volume of visitors from all over the region, as parking near the show is impossible. Coming in by train is easier anyway, because Jefferson Station is only a block underground from the Civic Center, The show is considered to be the largest flower show in the world. The show typically includes water falls, lily ponds, trees, layouts of gardens in full bloom. The pictures on this post show only a fraction of what one experiences when one visits the show. In addition to the beautiful, almost overwhelming floral displays of all kinds imaginable, merchants in the back of the room offer items often hard. The booths have not only gardening supplies, but a variety of other items. Roses and other flowers can be bought for a fraction of the usual price. Visitors on the way home have their arms filled with their purchases. Here in my pictures is just a small sampling of the excitement.
Pictures from the Flower Show
© Laurel Hoffmann, 2019.
- 141: Commercial Home Sewing Patterns Problems February 25, 2021
- 140: Contemporary Fashion Education program February 18, 2021
- 139: Problems with Fashion Education February 11, 2021
- 138: How to Start a Fashion Line January 15, 2021
- 137: Why Home Sewing Patterns Don’t Fit December 11, 2020
- 136: How to Use Directional Sewing November 22, 2020