Sew pants in this order:
|Check the pant pattern with
a muslin fitting.
|Cutting to match produces
high-quality pants, no
matter what fabric is used.
Caution: Before cutting the pants make a muslin to be sure they fit. The muslin can be made from inexpensive fashion fabric. If the muslin’s fit is good, the muslin can be worn.
Only an inexpensive sewing machine is needed to make high quality pants, or other high quality garments for that matter.
|Only an inexpensive sewing machine
is needed to make high-quality clothing.
Shown is a 1941
feather-weight sewing machine
1. Set the pockets.
2. Set the zipper. The zipper is set BEFORE the crotch seam is sewn.
| The Basics for Sewing Pants and Skirts
contains the information needed to cut and sew
professional pants and skirts.
|Making a sample book of the
procedures included in The Basics for Sewing Pants and Skirts
helps to develop professional sewing and
tailoring skills. All of these
procedures can be done at home
with minimal equipment.
- 140: Contemporary Fashion Education program February 18, 2021
- 139: Problems with Fashion Education February 11, 2021
- 138: How to Start a Fashion Line January 15, 2021
- 137: Why Home Sewing Patterns Don’t Fit December 11, 2020
- 136: How to Use Directional Sewing November 22, 2020
- Professional Instructional Sewing Videos October 31, 2020