|The exhibit contains many wonderful
examples of African fabric and clothing designs.
A beautiful collection of clothing designs from Africa is showing in the Philadelphia Museum of Art’s Perelman building now.
This is the show’s description on the Philadelphia Museum of Art’s website:
Vlisco: African Fashion on a Global Stage
April 30, 2016–January 22, 2017
Joan Spain Gallery
Discover how the Dutch company Vlisco became one of the most influential textile brands in West and Central African fashion and a design inspiration around the world. This exhibition explores the company’s most enduring designs, follows the creation of a new textile, and showcases a selection of contemporary fashions.
Here are pictures I took when I visited the exhibit.
|The explanation of how the fabric
|The prints are unique. The walls of the exhibit
are mounted with many of the prints.
- 143: Fitting Patterns August 19, 2021
- 144: Gift of the Magi July 23, 2021
- 145: 6 Ways to Improve How You Look and Feel During the Pandemic July 13, 2021
- 142: Sustainability – industry, personal July 3, 2021
- 141: Commercial Home Sewing Patterns Problems May 15, 2021
- 140: Contemporary Fashion Education program May 15, 2021