|The exhibit contains many wonderful
examples of African fabric and clothing designs.
A beautiful collection of clothing designs from Africa is showing in the Philadelphia Museum of Art’s Perelman building now.
This is the show’s description on the Philadelphia Museum of Art’s website:
Vlisco: African Fashion on a Global Stage
April 30, 2016–January 22, 2017
Joan Spain Gallery
Discover how the Dutch company Vlisco became one of the most influential textile brands in West and Central African fashion and a design inspiration around the world. This exhibition explores the company’s most enduring designs, follows the creation of a new textile, and showcases a selection of contemporary fashions.
Here are pictures I took when I visited the exhibit.
|The explanation of how the fabric
|The prints are unique. The walls of the exhibit
are mounted with many of the prints.
- 141: Commercial Home Sewing Patterns Problems May 15, 2021
- 140: Contemporary Fashion Education program May 15, 2021
- 139: Problems with Fashion Education May 14, 2021
- Professional Instructional Sewing Videos May 14, 2021
- 138: How to Start a Fashion Line January 15, 2021
- 137: Why Home Sewing Patterns Don’t Fit December 11, 2020