Costumes from the popular television show,
Downton Abbey were on exhibit at the Winterthur Museum from March 1, 2014 through January 4, 2015. The museum is located on one of the DuPont estates. The estate is located at 5105 Kennett Pike (Route 52), Winterthur, DE 19735, south down Route 1 from the Philadelphia area.
The museum guides said, Winterthur Museum was the only location in the USA where the clothing was displayed.
|The description and close up of Sybil’s summer dress.|
|Below is the description and a close up of the work on this dress, .|
|In this picture Lady Mary holds her new niece, Baby Sybil. The dress she is wearing is shown below.|
|Lady Mary’s dress,. Lady Mary is shown wearing the dress in the picture directly above.|
|Here is considerable information about ties. The attention to clothing detail in this show is truly amazing.|
|The tie, close up. On the left is a picture I took of the
actual suit and tie. On the right is a pscture and description that was with the outfit in th exhibit.
|A few words about corsets|
|More about corsets|
Tweets by LaurelHoffmann1
RSS Feed: https://cfashionedu.com/blog/feed/
- 140: Contemporary Fashion Education program February 18, 2021
- 139: Problems with Fashion Education February 11, 2021
- 138: How to Start a Fashion Line January 15, 2021
- 137: Why Home Sewing Patterns Don’t Fit December 11, 2020
- 136: How to Use Directional Sewing November 22, 2020
- Professional Instructional Sewing Videos October 31, 2020