Costumes from the popular television show,
Downton Abbey were on exhibit at the Winterthur
Museum from March 1, 2014 through January 4, 2015. The museum is located on one of the DuPont estates. The estate is located at 5105 Kennett Pike (Route 52), Winterthur, DE 19735, an easy drive south down Route 1 from the Philadelphia area.
I understood from the museum guides that the the Winterthur Museum was the only location in the USA where the clothing was displayed.
|The description and close up of Sybil’s summer dress.|
|Below is the description and a close up of the work on this dress, .|
|In this picture Lady Mary holds her new niece, Baby Sybil. The dress she is wearing is shown below.|
|Lady Mary’s dress,. Lady Mary is shown wearing the dress in the picture directly above.|
|Here is considerable information about ties. The attention to clothing detail in this show is truly amazing.|
|The tie, close up. On the left is a picture I took of the
actual suit and tie. On the right is a pscture and description that was with the outfit in th exhibit.
|A few words about corsets|
|More about corsets|
Tweets by LaurelHoffmann1
RSS Feed: https://cfashionedu.com/blog/feed/
- 135: How to use a dress form August 13, 2020
- 134: How to Make a Mask Without Sewing July 6, 2020
- 133: How to Hand-Sew a Mask June 6, 2020
- 132: How to Make Hand-Rolled Scarves May 16, 2020
- 131: Tips for Mass-Producing CoverAidPHL Fabric mask v1 April 15, 2020
- 130: CoverAidPHL Fabric Mask v1 Production March 30, 2020