Everyone seems to be quilting these days.
Cynthia made this quilt for her daughter
from her T-shirts.
In POST 47: QUILT I presented my grandmother’s quilt and its history.
|This is the back of Cnythia’s daughter’s quilt|
|Cynthia just finished this quilt for her son.|
Quilts are highly personal. Years ago the Philadelphia Art Museum had a show that featured African American quilts. I was stunned by what I saw and read. I had seen much African American art as I had grown up on a farm where I lived among African Americans. But I have never seen an assembled collection of their art before or had it explained to me. For example: the quilts were sewn to cause the squares to bubble, so as to catch the spirit, something that was unheard of in my white society. At this show I learned just how differently people who live right next door might see the world and think about things.
RSS Feed: https://cfashionedu.com/blog/feed/
215 884 7065
- 141: Commercial Home Sewing Patterns Problems February 25, 2021
- 140: Contemporary Fashion Education program February 18, 2021
- 139: Problems with Fashion Education February 11, 2021
- 138: How to Start a Fashion Line January 15, 2021
- 137: Why Home Sewing Patterns Don’t Fit December 11, 2020
- 136: How to Use Directional Sewing November 22, 2020