Everyone seems to be quilting these days.
Cynthia made this quilt for her daughter
from her T-shirts.
In POST 47: QUILT I presented my grandmother’s quilt and its history.
|This is the back of Cnythia’s daughter’s quilt|
|Cynthia just finished this quilt for her son.|
Quilts are highly personal. Years ago the Philadelphia Art Museum had a show that featured African American quilts. I was stunned by what I saw and read. I had seen much African American art as I had grown up on a farm where I lived among African Americans. But I have never seen an assembled collection of their art before or had it explained to me. For example: the quilts were sewn to cause the squares to bubble, so as to catch the spirit, something that was unheard of in my white society. At this show I learned just how differently people who live right next door might see the world and think about things.
Phone: 215 884 7065
- 143: Fitting Patterns August 19, 2021
- 144: Gift of the Magi July 23, 2021
- 145: 6 Ways to Improve How You Look and Feel During the Pandemic July 13, 2021
- 142: Sustainability – industry, personal July 3, 2021
- 141: Commercial Home Sewing Patterns Problems May 15, 2021
- 140: Contemporary Fashion Education program May 15, 2021