The machine pictured above is the 380 model. It looks like the 350PE, but is slightly more expensive version and has additional stitch patterns and similar extra features I feel aren’t necessary.
The machine that I especially liked is the Bernina 350PE. It has almost all of the features I listed on my 8th Post, plus an especially nice feature I had never seen on any machine before – one can sew without using the pedal.
3. Blind hems
4. Has an automatic buttonholer that is easy to use
5. Has a feed-dog that drops so the machine can sew on buttons
6. Is portable
7. Is fast, but also sews well at a very slow speed
8. Uses standard, low-shank feet
9. Has a straight-stitch plate to prevent fabric from jamming down in the race.
10. Has screw-on feet – When sewing at high-speeds it is better to have everything screwed on tight – I don’t trust the snap-on feet I’ve used them and I don’t like them very much.
11. Can wind a bobbin as it sews
12. Has a straight stitch plate.
13. Can be set so that when one stops sewing the needle is either down in the fabric, or up out of the fabric
14. A knee pedal that lifts the presser foot would be nice
Tweets by LaurelHoffmann1
RSS Feed: https://cfashionedu.com/blog/feed/